Soiling

Soiling

Soiling 1

Heavy soiling from an removed lubricants

Soiling 3

Poor maintenance

Lab - Accelerated Soiling 1

Laboratory testing

Soiling 44005
Soiling 2

Heavy soiling

Sierra Exif JPEG

Soiling

Re-Appearing Stains 2

Foam/soap residue attracts soil

Filtration Soil 1

Filtration soil

Filtration Soil 3

Airflow under door deposits soil on carpet

Sierra Exif JPEG
Sierra Exif JPEG

Heavy soiling

Sierra Exif JPEG

Heavy soiling

Sierra Exif JPEG
Sierra Exif JPEG

Soiling

Sierra Exif JPEG

Soiling

Sierra Exif JPEG

Heavy soiling

Sierra Exif JPEG

Heavy soiling

Sierra Exif JPEG

Soiling

Sierra Exif JPEG

Foam/soap residue attracts soil

Sierra Exif JPEG

Soiling

Sierra Exif JPEG

Soapy cleaning products can attract soil

Sierra Exif JPEG

Contaminant never completely removed

Sierra Exif JPEG

Soil removed with water and a white towel

Sierra Exif JPEG

Heavy soiling

Sierra Exif JPEG

Soiling

Sierra Exif JPEG

Soiling around chair mat

Soiling 1 Soiling 3 Lab - Accelerated Soiling 1 Soiling 44005 Soiling 2 Sierra Exif JPEG Re-Appearing Stains 2 Filtration Soil 1 Filtration Soil 3 Sierra Exif JPEG Sierra Exif JPEG Sierra Exif JPEG Sierra Exif JPEG Sierra Exif JPEG Sierra Exif JPEG Sierra Exif JPEG Sierra Exif JPEG Sierra Exif JPEG Sierra Exif JPEG Sierra Exif JPEG Sierra Exif JPEG Sierra Exif JPEG Sierra Exif JPEG Sierra Exif JPEG Sierra Exif JPEG Sierra Exif JPEG

What you need to know

The Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC) defines soil as “any undesired substance that is deposited on, or that is foreign to, the construction of a textile material.”

Approximately 80% of the soil is dry particulate soil. Over half of this dry particulate soil is tracked in on shoes. The remainder is from people, pets, fabrics, newspapers, magazines, clothing, and plants. The other 20% is from airborne sources, sugar, starch, salt, fluidic residues, tars, asphalt, animal oils, vegetable oils, humidity, dust mites, cooking oil, and unidentified substances.

Soil can be real or apparent. Real soil is ….

Please subscribe to see all content

Wrinkles in Backing

What you need to know Wrinkles in the backing can occur during the manufacturing process when the primary or secondary...
Read More
Wrinkles in Backing

Unraveling

What you need to know Unraveling can occur on a loop pile or cut/loop pile carpet when a yarn is...
Read More
Unraveling

Tube Line-Pile Reversal

What You Need To Know Tube Line Pile Reversal occurs when the carpet is rolled around on the cardboard tube...
Read More
Tube Line-Pile Reversal

Traffic Lane Gray

What you need to know Traffic Lane Gray occurs when the yarn filaments in the traffic lanes become scratched and...
Read More
Traffic Lane Gray

Top Cuts

What you need to know Top cuts are a condition that occurs due to installer carelessness at the time of...
Read More
Top Cuts

Tip Bloom

What you need to know Tip Bloom is a normal characteristic of any cut pile carpet when subjected to traffic...
Read More
Tip Bloom

Texture Variation

What you need to know Texture variations can occur from many different manufacturing-related conditions including uneven shearing across the carpet...
Read More
Texture Variation

Tension Lines/Streaks

What you need to know Tension lines run in the length direction of the carpet and can appear as dark...
Read More
Tension Lines/Streaks

Telegraphing Subfloor

What you need to know Telegraphing of the substrate or Subfloor can become evident when carpeting is glued down or...
Read More
Telegraphing Subfloor

Stop Mark

What you need to know Stop marks occur across the carpet width during the tufting process when the tufting machine...
Read More
Stop Mark